7 Steps Color Guide || Essential Color Guide for Designers


Today I am going to share very helpful Tips for Designers! It's really cool. I got this today while I scrolling Instagram Feed! 
I am finding this type of guide from Several months. Now, I am completely satisfied. Thanks @wedesignex for sharing this.
Let's start from the images!

Deciding Colors for Projects can be a tough yet crucial task.
Below are the 7 tips about colors and it's uses.

1. SET CONTEXT:

Ask yourself some question.

  • What is the purpose of the project?
  • what message you want to convey?
  • what is the vibe you want to convey?



2. MEANING:

Every color has a meaning to it. It evokes a certain emotions.

  • Red: Power, Excitement, appetite
  • Yellow: Happiness, optimism, warmth
  • Orange: Energetic, friendly, confidence
  • Blue: Trust, Care, Clarity, Reliability
  • Pink: Softness, Delicate, Cuteness
  • Green: Natural, Peaceful, Growth, Health
  • Purple: Seductive, Wise, Deep, Creative


3. DECIDE THE MOOD:

Depending on the mood you wanna create, choose one of the following.

  • Analogous: Power, Creates Balance
  • Complementary: Get attention
  • Monochromatic: Creates Harmony


4. FIX THE BASE COLOR:

Decide your base color which can give you a starting point depending on the the meaning you want to convey.

  • Primary
  • Secondary
  • Tertiary



5. PICK THE REST COLORS:

Follow:

  • Select 1 Tint/Shade of the color chosen
  • Select 1 with good visual contrast with the rest two colors


6. 60-30-10 RULE:

Proportion to be used in:

  • 60%
  • 30%
  • 10%



7. PERSONALIZE:

  • Limits 3/4 Colors.
  • Personalize it to your use 

My Formula:

  • I always use 4 colors.
  • I pair it up with 1 Neutral grey at least.
  • I always use a pop color to highlight.
I hope, after following this, your design will be awesome. that's it for the designer. Follow the 7 Steps Color Guide. I know it's very essentials color guide for designers.
Thank you

No comments:

ads
Powered by Blogger.